Our Services

Upcoming Schroth Intensive Camps!!!

Summer 2020:

​Adult Schroth camp: August 26 to 30, 2020

What is Schroth Camp

  •  ISST camp is an intensive scoliosis-specific group treatment according to the original Katharina Schroth Method.

    The treatment mimics the inpatient Schroth treatment delivered at Katharina Schroth Clinic in Bad Sobernheim, where the original Schroth method was founded. 

    The treatment is primarily tailored for patients with idiopathic scoliosis and kyphosis (including Scheuermann’s disease).
    The purpose of the Schroth day-camp is:
    • to educate patients about their own specific curve type and how it affects their posture,
    • to teach patients the home exercise program (HEP) aimed at recalibration of the posture affected by scoliosis or kyphosis using their own ability to auto‐correct in all three planes of the body,
    • to teach them how to use Schroth principles in activities of daily living (ADL) to assure constant active correction throughout the day
    • to stabilize the corrected posture by emphasizing the importance of compliance with the HEP and ADL

Structure and Schedule

  • The camp lasts 5 days and the daily treatment is 4.5 hours, divided into three 1.5-hour sessions. There is 1h to 1.5h break between the sessions.

    On the first day patients are assessed individually and the HEP is prescribed based on their own specific curve pattern and abilities. In addition, on the first and the last day of the camp, a battery of tests is performed.

    At the end of a camp patients will receive a booklet with their specific HEP and a certificate of a successful completion of the camp.

Schroth Camp

  • Minimum number of patients per camp is 6 to a maximum of 10
  • Daily exercises total duration: 4 hours and 30 minutes (divided into three 1.5h-long sessions)


  • Patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS)  aged 10 and above
  • Patients with kyphosis, and Scheuermann’s disease aged 10 and above
  • Patients with or without a brace
  • In case of some limiting chronic illness, you might not be able to participate in the camp


  • a formal diagnosis of a spinal deformity
  • a recent radiograph of the full spine taken within 3 months of the date of the camp. Adults may have an x-ray of up to 1 year old. NOTE: multiple scans of parts of the spine are not acceptable. A full spine must be visible on one scan. 
  • ability to participate for the whole duration of the camp. 

Training attire:

  • for females a sports top or a bikini top (please, no racer back) with exposed back
  • comfortable sports pants, shorts, tights (please, no jeans)


The camps will be held at Curvy Spine
10041 81 AVE
Edmonton AB


Cost of a 5-day camp, is $2,100 (excluding GST). 
A 15% advance payment will be needed to secure your spot. This payment will go toward the cost of the camp. Once you sign up, we will contact you with further details. The full price has to be paid 1 month before the beginning of the camp.

The price includes:

  • 4.5 h of training per day (total of 22.5 hours) with a certified Schroth therapist
  • a Schroth swag bag containing all the equipment that you will need to do your Schroth exercises at home:
    • ​5 rice bags
    • 1 roller
    • 2 straps
    • 1 belt
    • ​2 yoga blocks
  • snacks every days 


There are several hotels nearby. You are welcome to also explore AirBnB options, as there are quite a few in the neighborhood of the venue for very reasonable prices. 

Cancelation policy

We understand that life happens, and you are welcome to cancel your participation:
  • on or before 1 month before the start of the camp,  for a full refund
  • If you cancel between 15 to 29 days before the camp, the 50% will be forfeited, or you will be able to use your payment toward individual treatments at Curvy Spine.
  • After that, there will be no refund. If we are able to fill in your spot, you will be eligible for a 75% refund, and the remaining 25% you will be able to use toward individual treatments at Curvy Spine.   
  • full payment is required 1 week before the camp.